
In our last stake conference, we were asked by our stake president to plant a garden. Yesterday we got the plants in the ground, so now we will see if they will grow. =) Grandma and Grandpa financed the operation (thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!) and Grandma and Rebecca and I planted everything yesterday. We mostly have no idea what we are doing, but we all agree that it looks pretty good right now. Rebecca likes to weed, and I like to water, and Grandma likes to cook, so Kristopher and I were joking as we were watering this morning that between the 3 of us we have 1 whole gardener! Among other things, we planted:
marigolds
garlic (yay!)
raspberries (already growing, actually)
strawberrries
basil
cilantro
green onions
green, yellow, and red bell peppers
carrots
peppers
beets (all you grandma!)
green beans
mint (already growing)
zucchini (can't wait to make bread with it!!)
and other stuff I can't quite remember right now =)

Here's Macy playing as we got the plants into the ground.

Spencer did a great job helping grandma water the freshly planted veggies, herbs, and flowers!

Spencer and Macy =)

Kristopher spent the afternoon fixing the jeep. (YAY!) It runs now, but the registration has run out so we will get that going again when he finds a job. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later!!
Clearly Abby had the most relaxing day of all of us!
3 comments:
Oh wow!! I have a lot of friends with gardens and it makes me want to do one, but everything would be dead within a week because I'd forget I have one! haha Good luck, Bri. :) I hope it goes well for you. I'd be most excited for raspberries. My mom had raspberries in an old house and as a little girl, like 3 and 4 years old, I'd sit on her lap and eat them right off the bush. :) Aww, memories.
Also, we have that same swing! But Aria won't stay in it anymore. She likes to sit up and grab the bird and it seems like she'll fall out. So we just don't use it any more. That's nice Abby is so well behaved in it! :)
Wow, what a great variety of things. We are planting our garden this weekend, but not as much as many things as you guys. You will have to update us on how it goes.
That sounds wonderful! We're in a small townhouse now with a tiny yard so no room for much gardening. But, I do want to plant some raspberries!
Post a Comment