27.1.08
Be a little better
I have been thinking a lot about this article about using blogs as a way to let people know about belief, faith, and more, and I thought that today would be an especially good day to actually do what I have been thinking about for nearly a month and a half. The death of President Hinckley tonight is a sad event, but also something that holds great joy, because of all that we know about the Plan of Salvation. President Hinckley was the prophet for the majority of my growing up years, and I always looked forward to hearing what he had to say to us when he spoke. In class the other day we were talking about how being as good as the generation before us is simply not good enough-- we must be better, and we can be better. I believe that we can do that if we will hold to the teachings of the church and do all that we can to better ourselves, like the life of Gordon B. Hinckley has shown us that we can do. President Hinckley will be missed, but we can all do all we can to be a little better, a little stronger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment